Thursday, March 18, 2010

Two-Bite Brownies

Mmmmm Grapenut, spinach salad and a two bite brownie for breakfast... at 12:30. Matt worked late last night - really late - and when he got home we watched a bit of TV and then talked alot about sermons and scripture. Matt's taken to listening to Mark Driscoll sermons on his Ipod while he's at work and yesterday a friend of ours posted some John Piper sermon clips on Facebook that were really amazing. Two very impassioned preachers who go straight to the heart of the message. No beating around the bush. No changing what the bible says to try and fit in with the times. Matt and I actually watched a series of Mark Driscoll sermons in our couples life group. It was the Peasant Princess series - a look at Song of Solomon. It was fantastic! At the end of every sermon he gives you questions to ask your spouse and yourself about your marriage. I have to admit, I was sceptical about watching hour long sermons every Wednesday. It seemed like a weird idea to me. I take it all back :) We actually told all of our family members that they had to watch these sermons. And Mark Driscoll is a funny guy too, his sermons are impassioned and funny. Seriously, if you're married or planning on being married someday, go check out The Peasant Princess sermon series. www.marshillchurch.org
Well, I did manage to make some of my two-bite brownies yesterday but due to wind and all around sucky weather I didn't want to take Gabe out so we didn't get any of our errands done around town. But I did get in a lot of reading time and I played my guitar for Gabe. He loves it! He's our little musician. He drums on things whenever there's music and he likes to "sing" along with us and whenever he hears a funny sound he'll imitate the pitch! He does that mostly when people whistle or when something beeps, like our microwave. Because Matt got home so late last night I left our pork roast until tonight so I've got to have that on in good time today since we have choir practice tonight. And this weekend, we get to go see Matt's sister and her husband! Yay! I'm actually super excited for this - we love hanging out with them but because they live out of town we only get to see them when they come here. We decided that wasn't very fair to them so we're going to their place this weekend and they're going to show us how to live in their town!
My dog likes to play with potatoes... ugh, he keeps grabbing them out of the bag in the kitchen, tossing them around like a ball, and then when one finally breaks open he likes all the starch. Crazy dog.
You know what I haven't done in a long time? Posted a recipe. Mostly because of the baking embargo and renos, but I plan to remedy that. I told Matt that we had to have people over to our house more so that I can bake more :) Well, here's a recipe for you: my two-bite brownies. I love these things! They were the first thing I baked when I got my stand mixer for a wedding present and they are super fast and super easy.
Two-Bite Brownies:
3/4 c flour
1/2 c cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 c sugar
1/3 c melted butter
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

Sift first three ingredients together. In a seperate bowl mix the next three ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well. Add in the chocolate chips and stir in. Spoon batter into a greased mini-muffin tin - makes 24. Fill each cup 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes (make sure you check with a toothpick!) Don't overbake! They get rock hard if you do!
Well, that's all for today. I'd best go be productive now!

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!