Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I wish it were June.

Taxes are the bane of my husband's existence apparently. My taxes are always so easy... T4, charitable donation receipts and that's usually it. Well, Matt's self-employed so you can chalk up there all of his write offs and bills and receipts from everything you can imagine... It's an awful ordeal that we go through once a year.
Anyway, today has been a kinda iffy day all around. I'm starting to really feel the crunch for my Haiti event. The silent auction donations are not where I'd like them to be and every jewelry company in town has turned me down for donations. Add on to that the fact that I still don't have centerpieces for half my tables or flowers for any of my tables and we have a bit of a pickle. I was hoping to have that all figured out before the beginning of last week but it's not going quite as I would have liked. So I have set today aside to just get it done. Everything. This afternoon I'm going to the florist to talk in person and get a definitive answer. If they say no then I'm going to our back-up florist. I've already emailed a tonne of local jewelers off of Etsy to see if they'd be interested in donating this morning and I managed to find someone selling their wedding centerpieces on Kijiji and emailed them about borrowing them for one evening. I wish people would just answer me. Really, I don't care if they say yes or no - just let me know either way so that I can know if I need to ask someone else.
As much as I can say that the silent auction isn't where I want it to be, it'd still be awesome if I didn't find any more donors. We just got a Westerner Days family package donated and a whole load of tickets to the Edmonton International Raceway. Oh, and a three night stay at the Banff Gate Mountain Resort in Canmore.
I really want to get everything done for this event by the end of the week so that next week I can just worry about running it and doing the normal last minute stuff.
And then when this event is over I can finally start worrying about my other ones! I'm cheating with our baby dedication - I had planned on doing a whole buffet of tasty treats, realized how stressed I would be the two weeks prior and decided to just go with cake. Two types of course because I need to do something more than just a cake, but nothing else. Aren't you proud of me? You should be :) It was a hard decision.
Well, I should get back to work. Sigh.

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!