Thursday, April 22, 2010

Folding Laundry

I can't do it. I tried, but I just can't. I can't only have cake at Gabe's baby dedication! It's ridiculous! I'm going to have nearly 30 people in, and around, my house! What if some of them are diabetic? What if some of them just don't like cake? What if I get bored leading up to it because I'm not even baking one of the cakes - I'm just buying it! Well, the getting bored thing won't be too big of an issue because I have to have the entire house and our yard spotless so over the next week I have to even plant my flower beds - but nevertheless. I think it would be nice if I had more than just cake. So, in an attempt to be reasonable and not stress myself out, I'm thinking I'll just do things that may look fancy but really have only three or four ingredients. I'll be spending some of today looking up some ideas and drafting a menu plan.
Hopefully I'll also spend some of today getting some Starbucks in me. I was up til 2 last night with Gabe - he fell asleep at 10 and then woke up an hour later before Matt and I had gone to bed. Then he just didn't want to go back to sleep. So this morning I'm pretty tired and pretty out of it (especially since Gabe doesn't sleep in past 9) I was at Starbucks last night and probably had 4 shots worth of espresso - I could use that right now in one drink.
I had been hoping to plant my flowerbeds today but thanks to this wind it's not exactly good weather for bringing the baby outside. So instead I decided to fold laundry! We had a load of it in the basement that we haven't gotten around to so Gabe and I spent the morning in the basement, watching Friends and folding clothes. Well, I folded - Gabe crawled all over the folded laundry and kinda messed it up again. This afternoon I'm hopefully going grocery shopping for the tea party and if I leave the house it will definately involve a coffee run.
Oh and I need to decide on decor for basically every room of my house for the baby dedication! That's fun though :) That's what I'd do every day if Matt let me keep enough decorations to change things out daily!
Well, I'd best go and put Gabe to sleep so that I can find food for lunch.

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!