Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Caterer

Post #2 = Productive day! Well, semi-productive. As productive as you can get without having done any cleaning! I got outside a bit this afternoon with Gabe and Cash. Gabe loved the wind blowing the tree branches and I loved the sun :) Cash just loved the company. I also got through a few more chapters of Pride and Prejudice which I have been reading off and on over the past month (for, what, the 12th time?) Then this afternoon I did up another website. It's the third one now. The reason I've done up so many is that they are all through different webhosting companies. Webs.com, Tripod and now Wix.com. What I've been looking for is the site that will give me the best templates and the most professional look. The verdict is in, and that website is Wix.com. Wix does all flash sites with easy to use templates and a large library of stock images that you can use for free. It actually makes for a pretty good-looking website. The only issue I have with it is that I pretty much have to pay for a domain name because the web address that you get with a free account is too long to be practical. So it will cost me about $10 a month to register my domain name through that website - $120 a year. That's not bad, it's not great, but it is one heck of an easy site to use and make it look great fast.
Anyway, I made chicken fried rice for dinner, sans green onion because I didn't have any in the house (I never have any in the house unless I buy it for a specific recipe) and then I went to my meeting with my caterer. I had found this caterer advertising on kijiji and some of the pictures she had posted of her food were fantastic. Compared to the other caterers in town it was amazing actually. So I asked if she would be able to give my clients a discount and sign up for a vendor contract with me and she agreed to it! We met tonight and it went awesome. She was delighted that I knew what an amuse bouche was and I was delighted that she made them. So she's in and I'm happy that I've got a caterer lined up who can actually make gourmet food.
Well, now I'm home, Gabe's finally in bed and Matt and I are going to go fold clothes while we watch some Friends episodes! I love this life!

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am happy you are so happy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going well. I suppose now you have to link us to your website. Please?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!