Thursday, June 24, 2010

Surprise good day!

What was going to be a crappy, lazy day actually turned into a reasonably good, very productive day. I had started writing a post this morning that talked about how I was feeling crappy, how I've had migraines for the past couple days and how I could hardly eat I was so ucky. I didn't have much more to write than that so I never published the post. I'm glad I didn't. After I deleted that I decided to pack up my baby and head downtown. I went to City Hall and paid our property taxes and then I went to the library to find a book (which they didn't have and a creepy guy was following me to the elevator until I stared him down). I then went to City Roast to pick up some ground coffee (Tanzanian peaberry - a very smooth and sweet medium roast). Since we were only a couple of blocks away we stopped in at my dad's work and said hi (he loved that). I came home and threw some of my lasagna that I froze in the oven and cleaned my kitchen. Matt had to work late but my mom and I were going shopping tonight so she came over for dinner. We then went to Fabricland, Walmart, Petsmart and Homesense and I only spent $30! That's totally a record for me! I took my mom to Dairy Queen and got her some ice cream as a thanks for hanging out with me and while I was there I grabbed one for Matt too hoping it wouldn't have melted completely before he got home from coffee with a friend.
Matt got home just after I did and we spent the evening just kicking around. I posted some pictures on Facebook (ones from a few months ago since I haven't done it in a long time) and now we're watching an episode of Friends before bed.
My legs hurt from the walking and the weather change (stupid arthiritis) but my house is clean(er), I got a lot done and I can now rest easy knowing that I wasn't completely useless today.
I took Gabe to the park yesterday but unfortunately the mosquitoes were out in full force. For those of you who don't know, I am allergic to mosquito bites. It's not a severe allergy but whenever I get bit, the bites swell up to about two inches across. When I get a bite on my face, that half of my face goes numb. Fantastic, eh? Well, I lasted about 10 minutes and then I had to pack poor Gabe up (he had so much fun on the swings). I had four bites down one arm and each one was huge. And itchy. Stupid bugs. However, that experience was enough to ascertain that Gabe did not inherit my stupid allergy. So now he's safe from the rubber allergy (thus far, I did grow into that one though) and the stupid mosquito allergy. He had one tiny little bite of his forehead and didn't seem to bother him at all.
You know what I love about summer? The fruit :) Well, I suppose that is one of many things, but it's certainly a big one. Between Gabe and I, today we had cherries, canteloupe, grapes, bananas and plums. I've got blueberries, strawberries and peaches in the fridge too! How awesome is that?!
Well, I'd best go get an ice pack for my legs. Sigh... what a good day!

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!