Monday, June 28, 2010

Another late night

We are not going camping this weekend. I looked on the website reserve.albertaparks.ca for any camp sites available from Wednesday night to Saturday morning and the closest one was in Vermillion. Great, eh? In fact, there were only three campgrounds listed in all of Alberta that had any openings for those days. When I finally resigned to the fact that we would not be camping I called my dad to propose another adventure: The Royal Tyrell Museum! I haven't been there in nearly two decades and I really want to take Gabe to see it. To be honest, I really want Gabe to like Dinosaurs for some reason - not sure why, I just do. So I think it would be awesome to take a day trip there, hit up the museum, see some of the sites and take a crap load of pictures. Tomorrow Matt and I might be trading our car in for a minivan (how cool are we?) and if we do, the new van will sure get alot of test driving in the next week. Not only the trip to Drumheller on Friday but also a potential trip to Calgary on Wednesday for Gabe and I and then a trip to Edmonton on Sunday to visit Matt's sister and her husband.
Oh, and for those of you who may have noticed the time at which this post was written, my reason for being up so late is this: Gabriel is having nightmares and so even though he was in bed and fast asleep by 9:30, he kept crying in his sleep and woke himself up a couple times, so now I am holding him in hopes that he will go back to sleep and that that sleep will be a more peaceful one. I must say, it looks as though I will be up for some time. In fact, I just moved this party downstairs so that I could sit in the comfy chair and watch Friends. Ugh.
I went shopping today, which was pretty successful... I went to Warehouse One where I bought a tank top and two really cute necklaces and then I went to HomeSense where I got some presents for some friends. First off, I found a copy of Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious for $5. I love that store!! Oh and I bought some soaps there - regular $8 on for $2. They smell fantastic! I bought three sets of them - one for me, one for my pregnant friend and one to keep around for a spare present. I picked up groceries and flowers for my sister-in-law and then booked it home to get dinner ready to take down to Auxano. It was a really good night down there. After Auxano one of our friends came over to put some stuff in our shed and he ended up staying almost 2 hours to talk. That was really nice actually; a good wrap up to the day.
Anyway, I'm typing with one hand and it's really quite tedious so I'm done for now.

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!