Monday, August 2, 2010

Grilled Stuffed Peaches

My goodness! I was so into talking about this past weekend that I forgot to talk about this coming week!
Tomorrow I am making dinner for a family meal with my inlaws. It will kind of be a welcome home party for my mother-in-law, as well as a going away party for my sister-in-law who is going to Costa Rica for a few weeks. I've been told not to make too big of a fuss about the food, but what's the fun in that? I do plan on keeping things simple, but the presentation will be immaculate. First off, I will be baking some baguettes tomorrow and we'll serve those with some cheese and cherries. I'm still unsure about what the entree will be, but we'll have grilled veggies and my fennel apple salad with it. For dessert I'm doing grilled peach halves stuffed with cream cheese with honey syrup and mint sprigs. Nice, eh? I was thinking about doing a chilled melon soup as well, but we'll have to see how long the bread takes me.
The rest of this week I shall be weeding my garden, putting in some rose bushes, taking Gabe to the splash park, recalculating costs for the cafe and planning the Auxano campout! Busy, busy! But it will be nive being productive again after an extra long weekend.
We've already cleaned up most of our things that we brought on holidays but tomorrow I'll finish up the laundry and get the house looking perfect again. I'm actually eager to go do a lot of these things right now but to be honest, my body is quite worn from this weekend. It's more likely that I'll end the weekend by having a nice hot bath and reading some more of my Harry Potter book. By the way, I read the first three in four days last week and then got held up on this current one since I get carsick if I read in the car. I'll probably get it done by tomorrow though. I'm excited to get through this series so that I can get back to my Austens!

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!