Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Grilled Peaches with Ricotta Cream Cheese Stuffing

I don't have a heck of a lot of time since I need to clean the kitchen before bed, but I wanted to post what happened with dinner. I decided on shiskabobs! I was going to be grilling veggies anyway so I figured I might as well put them on skewers. I picked up most of my groceries this morning (two bigs slabs of sirloin tip marinating steak for $7 - enough to feed all six of us) and then went home to get my bread rising. The baguettes are a fairly easy and hands off bread so I wasn't stressing about those. I needed to run out to another grocery store in the afternoon to pick up some cheeses. I wanted to get my hands on that Cranberry Cinnamon goats cheese that we had last month and I also bought the same brand's Fine Herb goat cheese. Oh, and the store I went to this morning has the awful habit of cutting the fronds. Off their fennel, which is really what I buy it for, so I picked some of that up this afternoon too. Anyway, once I got home I laid Gabe down for a nap and I was lucky enough that he slept until I had finished all my prep, the bread was out of the oven, and we were all ready to go. I cut up the veggies for the skewers (onions, peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and pineapple) and got the meat cut up and marinating. I also had the lettuce mostly made (lettuce, red peppers, cucumbers and fennel) save the apples so that they didn't brown. The bread took 15 minutes to bake after a few hours of rising and 30 minutes of resting, and it came out gorgeous. Oh and I concocted a ricotta and cream cheese filling for the grilled peaches. I used about half a cup each of ricotta and cream cheese, 2 tsp of vanilla and 2 tbsp of icing sugar. It tasted amazing with the peaches, which I grilled over medium after I spread butter and brown sugar on the halves.
Oh yah, and I got tzatziki for the grilled veggies. That was a nice touch. I still have some of that cream cheese filling so I think tomorrow night we'll try it in grilled pears!

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!