Saturday, May 8, 2010

Two-Bite Brownies

Yesterday was a nice day in spite of still feeling like crap. I got up early to get the house, baking and myself ready for a visit with a friend from high school. I hadn't had a chance to bake at all last week so I ended up making some of my two-bite brownies. They were a hit :) It was nice catching up with someone who I hadn't seen in years and had been very close with through high school. There was a lot of talk about choir and high school english and how crazy it is that things have changed so much. After our visit ended Matt and I didn't really do much. We did get our picture back from being framed and it looks fantastic. We also had some people come and check out our car. We're hoping to get someone to take over our payments on it so that we can go and buy a truck for Matt. So hopefully these guys decide to take it and then next weekend we can go down to Calgary and get our new truck! Then we just have to save up to buy a minivan so that Matt can use that truck for work!
Today Matt decided to take me to Phil's for a nice Mother's Day breakfast before church - unfortunately everyone else in town had the same idea. It took us 40 minutes to get a table. We ended up being 30 minutes late for church and had troubles finding a seat. We almost had to sit out in the lobby by a speaker. I understand now why the church is expanding their building already. After church Matt's brother came over since nearly everyone else in the family is globe-trotting right now. Some more than they had planned on too. Silly volcano. On that note, did you know that the last time this particular volcano erupted that it continued off and on for 2 years? If that were the case there'd be some very bad economic conditions in Europe due to a serious lack of tourism. In any event, we're hoping our friends in France have fun and don't have any trouble getting back home to us.
Again, we have cleared out those two bite brownies I made yesterday. Evidently, I need to post this recipe:
Two-Bite Brownies
2 large eggs
1/3 c. margarine, melted
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies

Mix first three ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl mix together the next three ingredients (sift the cocoa if needed, but if you store your cocoa in a tin, just shake it really well and then mix the dry ingredients with a fork to get clumps out) Combine. Add chocolate chips and stir in. Put batter into a greased mini-muffin tin. Makes 24
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Men apparently love these - not to say it's limited to men, but they in particular can't seem to stop eating them. (no dig at any one man in particular because I can think of 4 or 5 who would think I was speaking specifically about them - if they ever read my blog that is)

My work here is done. I have imparted wisdom (of sorts). Now I'm going to read my five chapters of Calvin's Institutes for today before we go over to my parents' house for dinner. Ta Ta!

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!