Friday, May 21, 2010

Millionaire's Shortbread

Well, I didn't make the sour cream cake. I changed my mind. I decided to make Dulce de Leche squares. Actually, not quite. I made Millionaire's Shortbread off of 5 Ingredient Fix. Shortbread crust, caramel type filling and chocolate on top!
Millionaire's Shortbread:
1 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix the above ingredients and using a pastry blender cut in:
1/2 c. butter
Press mix in the bottom of a greased 8x8 pan and bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden. Let cool completely.
While the crust is cooling mix:
1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp butter
cook in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-low. Stir regularly until it comes to a boil - continue to cook (stir, stir, stir!) until it's thick and amber colored.
Pour over crust.
Melt 5 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate in a double boiler. Pour and spread over the top. Let cool completely before serving!

I also made chocolate dipped strawberries. I had a bit of extra melted chocolate and some chocolate melting wafers that I've been wanting to use up for a long time not to mention there was a sale on strawberries this week so I had a couple cartons in the fridge. Since the chocolate wasn't Grade A thanks to the melting wafers I coated a bunch of them in stuff. Half I coated in coconut and the other half I did in a caramel sprinkle topping thing from Pampered Chef. I made sample ones of each type to try - you know, just in case they weren't good enough. They were :)

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!