Thursday, April 7, 2011

Catch Up

Wow it's been some time! I've been a little on the busy side lately... We'll use that as my excuse for not posting until now. Let's see, since I last wrote I had my first Pampered Chef party! It was a bridal shower for my sister-in-law and it went fairly well. The recipe was a big hit (Mexican Chicken Napoleons) and my sister-in-law got lots of free stuff. I did run into a bit of an issue with sending in my order however. Turns out that my computer hates the Pampered Chef program that you use to submit orders. But I hate my computer too, so it all evens out. We've actually been looking for a cheapo netbook for me lately so that I can actually get it to work - the biggest problem has been that we're running Vista (bleh.) We have to send in our laptop for repairs yet again so we might end up getting a whole new laptop, however Matt is hoping to upgrade to a Mac, which isn't compatible with the Pampered Chef program so a netbook really is the best option for me. We did get an external hard drive from Best Buy for 40% off because of one very nice manager! Since this will be the fourth time we're sending out laptop away for repairs he gave us an awesome discount so we could back up all our tax and business files.
I'm planning on throwing a Pampered Chef Tasting Party this weekend, however everyone seems to be busy so I hope I can find enough people to come! I'm going to make 7 different recipes that I'll get people to sample to tell me if it's good enough for a show or what I need to change in it. It'll actually be a really big help to me because then I'll know I'm not the only person in the world who likes it and by making them all at one time I won't have to spend multiple days in the kitchen testing out recipes - just one! So far there are only two people coming so I'm employing guerilla advertising to try and get more people to come! Wish me luck! I suppose if no one comes I can go back to making food for my family though...
Gabriel is doing well. We're prepping him for the new baby coming which mostly entails making him glad that he's a big boy and not a baby anymore. We're a few weeks away yet from moving him into his big-boy room with his big-boy bed, but he knows it's coming and he's excited for it. He's finally off his soother completely (a year later than my original plans) and potty training is going well. At least once a day he'll be the one to ask to go potty and he's letting us know if he needs to be changed and he really gets what you're supposed to do when you sit on the potty. It's all baby steps, but they're in the right direction at least.
As for the baby bump, he's doing well. He's quite squirmy. I don't remember Gabe being anywhere near this wiggly. When Gabe moved it was abrupt, straight kicks, but this little guy is more prone to punching and doing the polka than anything. I had my glucose blood test last week and I didn't almost pass out so it went better than the last time I took it :) I hate that orange sugar juice. If you've never had it, don't believe the nurse when she says it's not as bad as people say. It's worse. But, Matt happened to have the day off and my mom took Gabe so I had company while I sat an hour in the blood clinic waiting for my timer to go and then Matt took me to this little sushi place called MoMos for the best Dynamite Rolls I've ever had.
Spring is finally showing it's face around here but even though the snow has been melting for over a week we still have a 3 foot drift on our front lawn. My mom and sister have both been saying that their tulips are up but we still can't even find out flower bed to check so it'll be a little while more for us.
Well, I'm expecting a phone call from Pampered Chef tech support and if I really intend on having a house full of people on Saturday perhaps I should spend some time cleaning! Wish me luck!

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!