Monday, January 21, 2013

Hello 2013!

I KNOW! It's been forever.

I apologize.

Our household got hit by a storm of craziness and we're just beginning to dig out now. Between pediatrician appointments, Christmas preparation, food poisoning, making 350 cupcakes plus 6 types of frosting for a wedding reception, respiratory infections and a massive re-organization undertaking, things have been a little psychotic.

But, the good news from all of that is that we now know what had caused our toddler to cough for 5 months straight, we now know what chinese restaurant we are never going to order from again, and our house is looking fantastic!

Admittedly, there was a time prior to Christmas where I could have been posting more regularly, but my issue was: What do I post about? It wasn't for lack of inspiring projects, but rather the fact that most of those inspiring projects were designated Christmas presents for people who could very well be reading this post! In our household, we do a 90% homemade Christmas. All of our neighbours, friends, family and loved ones get homemade gifts, with the exception of a few essentials for the boys (they got bubble bath and safety scissors this year!) and stockings between the hubby and I. And a crafter's best friend come Christmas time is undeniably Pinterest.

Yes, yes, I know you've all heard me fawn over the virtues of Pinterest before, but seriously! Amazing stuff!

So, since Christmas is finally over, I can finally post about all the cutesy things that I made! Yay! These ranged from handmade clay owl ornaments (I even made the clay from scratch), Coconut Oil and Rose body scrub, Stovetop Aroma packs and cute little snowman ornaments! Most everything was made using stuff I had around my house, minus perishables.

And now, without further ado, I give you the gallery of my handmade Christmas gifts!





Bear in mind, all of these fall under the category of, "If I can do this, anyone can."

I'll keep this post short and I promise to post detailed and lengthy updates on our home reorganization in the near future!

Mrs. VanderLeek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!