Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Preggo

Well, since the news hit Facebook this weekend I suppose I'm safe to post it on here: I'm pregnant! 13 weeks pregnant actually. And yes, I am blaming that fact on my lack of posts lately! It's incredibly hard not to write things like, "I was so sick today I could barely get off the couch," or, "I just found out that my stomach won't tolerate oranges when I'm pregnant!" So I decided I was safer writing just when I had something specific that I could talk about. So, blame the baby for the boring blog.
As it currently stands, I am showing, I'm getting healthier (slowly) and I felt the baby kick already (super early). It turns out that I don't really have an immune system when I'm pregnant (stupid hormones) so that at least explains my sinus colds and other illnesses over the past few weeks. And while this pregnancy has so far been much, much better than my first pregnancy as far as sickness goes, I'm still not at the point where I can eat whatever I want. Unless, of course, I happen to want theatre popcorn, apples and sour patch kids. Which I do, alot :) We managed to hide the fact that I could hardly eat from most of our family, which was hard considering we eat with them nearly every week.
I've also had to alter my Christmas baking plans in light of this happy little news. Considering that I can only stand for 15 minutes at a time before I get dizzy I haven't been able to have any baking marathon days. Instead, I've been substituting out some faster and easier recipes. For example, in place of truffles I made chocolate covered peanut butter balls (much less finnicky and I could do them over a span of 2 days). I made Matt some Earl Grey Tea Shortbread and today I'm making Hazelnut-White Chocolate chunk cookies that need time in the fridge before I cut them and bake them. That gives me a nice little chunk of time to sit down and stop my head from spinning before I continue. Tomorrow, I'm planning on making Sweet Pepper Jelly. I've got a fantastic recipe for it and I decided it would be faster and easier for me to give everyone a jar of jelly than a tray of cookies.
Wish me luck!

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Steph! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm sure Gabe will make a fantastic big brother.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!